A Visit To The Jacob Javitz Center...

Whoozers...3 weeks of no posts...well I'm just the horrible procrastinator aren't I? If I'm not pressured with deadlines, then my brain will just sit back and be the lazy self that it is.

But I do have something to report after being mute all this time...



May 17-20th The Jacob Javitz Center in NYC held their annual "National Stationary Show", where many top rated stationary companies showed off their latest and greatest in the world of paper crafts. There was less traffic then last year but it was still a spectacle to see with hundreds of stands lined up and ready for your beck and call for paper products.

























Right beside the Stationary Show was also the annual "Surtex" Trade Show for selling and licensing original art and design. This is pretty much right up my alley, as it is filled with textile design companies buying and selling art to manufacture on next year's products. This show really got me riled up on creating after I got home! There's nothing like seeing art in person to get you to create your own art.
























And in the lower levels, held the "ICFF" International Contemporary Furniture Fair, showcasing the latest innovation in interior design. It pretty much looked like a MOMA expo. Many of the products were fine art sculptures, from tube chairs, chrome wallpaper, cardboard decorations, to Andy Warhol's Campbell soup pop art...











A separate but related Japanese Design Expo showcased Japan's cutting edge designs and technology...






I had the pleasure of grabbing brochures, postcards, and catalogs for some inspiration and motivation. I might have been a bit over zealous on that regard...



And's that's only half of what I scooped up...


Nothing like seeing and interacting with art and design to give your brain a boost!

5 comments:

  LillyShayStyle

May 22, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Ooohh and Ahhh, I wish there were an Expo like this near me. That japanese chair looks really cool. I'd be too scared to sit in it tho..

  cynthia

May 22, 2009 at 10:55 PM

ah, i wanted to go there but didn't it cost a lot for the entrance fee?

  Beki - TheRustedChain

May 26, 2009 at 11:21 AM

Oh that looks like such a good time!

  sMacThoughts

June 2, 2009 at 2:50 PM

This looks awesome; I have to go there. I've amazingly never gone to any event at the Javits Center...bad girl, me!

  Jessica

June 3, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Ooh, wish I could have been there!